We are excited to start the new school year! As we begin the school year in a full distance
learning model, the school counselor and the PST at R. Rex Parris High School will be working
remotely a couple of days a week and a couple of days on campus. We want to assure you that
we are here to support the academic, social/emotional, and college/career needs of your student
during this time. We have been collaborating with administrators to prepare information,
resources, and creative ways to stay connected with you. We want to provide information on the
various ways that you and your student can connect with the counseling department. R. Rex
Parris School Counselor and Pupil Service Technician are available in the following ways:
- We can be reached at the school by calling 661-274-1230, Mrs. White’s Ext. is 349 and Ms. Bertha’s Ext. is 341
- Virtual one-to-one meetings using the Google Meet or Zoom virtual platform. Students, parents, and staff can schedule meetings using the Schedule Meeting links provided below.
- Via email. Students, parents, and staff can email us directly using the email address provided below.
- Via phone. The direct phone number can be called during the posted office hours day and time.
- Additionally, your student has been enrolled in a “Homeroom” Google classroom where we will post “Monthly Bulletins” that address frequently asked questions (FAQs), provide resources, and give updates on policies and relevant changes to academic, college & career, and social & emotional subjects.
|Name||Phone||Schedule Meeting||Office Hours|
|Mrs. Alexander-White||(818) 600-1513||Click Here||7:30-3pm Dailyemail@example.com|
Pupil Services Technician
|(805) 774-0150||Click Here||7:30-4pm Dailyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Please know your school counselor and Pupil Service Technician are ready, willing, and able to support students, families, and our community during this time. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Denicia Alexander White
Students must be at least 16 years old to enroll at R. Rex Parris HS.
To enroll your student, submit an application and bring a transcript from their current school, an unofficial transcript is okay at this step.
The paperwork will be processed and you will receive a phone call when your student is approved to transfer. An orientation appointment will then be scheduled.
Ms. Denicia White
Education: Masters in Psychology/Counseling
Past Experience:10 years as a counselor and 8 years as a teacher/coach
Years in education: 18
Advice to students: If your desire to be successful is like your need to breathe, Success you will Achieve!!!
Where do YOU fall in?
0-60 = Freshman
120-180 = Junior
180-230 = Senior